Monday, October 29, 2012

Refreshed

I took a mini vacay last week back to my hometown for a week and it was simply refreshing. Time could not have gone so quickly and slowly at the same time. During my visit, I had a couple successful visits to 2 new thrift stores, but more on that next time. Nonetheless, I am glad to be back and have so many new ideas and projects I was anxious to start on during my visit (will update on these soon!). In the meantime, here's a recipe on homemade kalbi tacos that my husband and I devoured.




Kalbi Tacos


Ingredients:
-Korean Kalbi (marinated beef) (my mom sent us my grandma's infamous kalbi, words can not describe her marinating skills and her recipe). You can find recipe's online (our family recipe is a secret :)) or you can find ready to cook marinated meat at a Korean market. 
-corn tortillas
-chopped lettuce
-sweet corn on the cobb (for a quick and easy cooking process remove husks from corn, wrap the corn back up with its leaves. Tightly wrap the corn with clear food wrap and microwave for about 2 minutes or until done. After the corn has cooled down a bit cut off corn with knife.) 

Cilantro Cream Sauce: 
Ingredients: cilantro, jalapeno, sour cream, lemon, salt and pepper
Chop cilantro (use as much as you like) and jalapeno. Then place cilantro, jalapeno, sour cream, and squeeze as much lemon you can take and mix in blender or use hand blender until you see bits of cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. 


*There is no perfect way for any recipes until the taste matches to the individual who is dining.

No comments:

Post a Comment