Friday, November 9, 2012

Would you Thrift a Gift?

I ventured out today and made several trips to some thrift/vintage stores in the lovely city of Santa Cruz. I love walking around the residential neighborhoods admiring the cute houses and because it's now fall, the homes look even more admirable. Enough of side tracking. As I browsed throughout the stores the thought of gifting a thrift bought item came into mind. Would I ever gift an item I purchased at a thrift/vintage store? Would you ever gift a thrifted item? I personally love thrift/vintage/antique shopping and would not mind if I received a gift that was thrifted, as long as there is meaning and thought into it. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I would thrift a gift only for someone who is very close to me and only if it was something that I know for certain that the individual would love. With that said, here are a couple things I snagged on my trip, enjoy.





love this cup. reminds me of drinking coffee for breakfast at a diner. 
$.50

set of wooden Setwell bottom hangers. 
$2.50

remember playing pick up sticks in elementary that were about the size of a chopstick? well this is the giant size. my husband and I played one round last night and it got pretty competitive, can't imagine/wait to see what it would be like to play with our friends/family! 
$2.50



No comments:

Post a Comment