Saturday, August 4, 2012

DIY: Vanity Desk

One positive of moving here to Watsonville was the on campus house we were able to rent. It is a lot bigger than our apartment we moved out of down in SoCal. My husband and I have been exploring and developing our newly discovered passion for interior designing and DIY projects and once we started organizing our new home I came up with the idea of putting together a vanity desk. With the help of my husband and 2 hours later, voila, the vanity desk I imagined in my head was complete! Here are the items we used and the steps to the final product.


1.

2.

3.

4.

























Item List:
(All items from Ikea)
3. Ekby Viktor Shelf (scored this in the 'As Is' section for $2!)
4. Kolja Mirror (we got on sale!)

Steps:

1. Measure where you want the brackets onto the shelf and screw on with drill (make sure you have a leveler, measuring tape and pencil at hand to mark your wall for the placement of your table).

2. Place Lots mirrors onto the shelf (the 3 mirrors were longer than the shelf when placed in a line and wider than the shelf itself so we measured the mirrors to be centered).

3. Mount Kolja mirror onto wall (directions on mounting the mirror can be found with the packaging or downloaded online here under assembly instructions).

4. End product! To actually labor and see an imagined project come to life is absolutely amazing.

I hope that this will be the start of many more DIY projects to come, I enjoyed every minute of it. 

**Special thanks to my awesome and patient husband, you ROCK**


"Do what you love, it's going to lead you to where you want to go."
-Wayne White


All Images via Ikea

No comments:

Post a Comment