Sunday, August 5, 2012

Santa Cruz Flea Market

On our way back home from church today we decided to take the local way home to tour the streets of Santa Cruz, Soquel and Capitola. While driving through Santa Cruz, we spotted the Santa Cruz Flea Market and decided to make a quick stop to look around. It reminded me much of the flea markets I had been to in SoCal but the only difference was that there were many fresh fruit and veggie stands here. I was not able to take a photo of any fresh product stands but here are some photos that grabbed my attention because of their beautiful hues.

This vendor had tables full of various character figurines (I wouldn't be surprised if they had all the character's that came in McD's happy meals!)

Colorful cowboy boots

Handmade toy flutes and hand drums

Vintage rings

Homemade Mexican Papas (potatoes) with hot sauce and lime juice (it was my husbands first time trying them and he loved it!)

We drove past so many antique stores in Soquel, we will definitely be going back to visit them.

From today's sermon, I was reminded that my faith solely lies in Christ alone. Even though I may not have a clear direction of my future, I know that being patient and putting my faith in him will be all the worthwhile. 

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
-Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment